Thenamaris ConBulk invites high-caliber candidates, ideally with a naval architecture background, to apply for the position of PROJECT SPECIALIST in the Operations Department. http://ow.ly/KmH650MnyYN #career #shipping #maritime
Thenamaris ConBulk invites high caliber candidates to apply for the position of Project Specialist in the Operations Department.
The Project Specialist will support primarily the Disbursements and Freight & Demurrage teams in activities related to the controlling of port expenses and agency fees that are incurred during vessels’ calls at the various ports and passages as well as the handling of the freight collection that the Owners are entitled to, generated from the services offered to Charterers and the respective contract or agreements. The individual will be liaising, cooperating and negotiating, with several internal and external stakeholders ensuring appropriate monitoring, feedback and follow-up of related tasks.
In addition, provided the individual holding the role has a Naval Architecture background, the individual will interact daily with the Ship Operators assisting them, on cargo loading and vessel stability related tasks.
The position is temporary with an original contract duration of 6 months and is based in Athens (Vouliagmeni), Greece.
The ideal candidate will be a Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering graduate, commercially orientated, responsible and enthusiastic, paying close attention to detail and with a team-oriented mindset.
- University degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering with orientation in Ship Operation and Maritime Transport Systems; Alternatively, University Degree in Shipping / Maritime Studies / Business or related discipline
- Some prior working experience including internships, ideally in shipping and ideally in an Operations department would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in English at an oral and written level
If you are in search of a first-class working environment in the global ship management industry, you enjoy working on a wide portfolio of diversified activities, being part of an international team and you meet the above qualifications, we look forward to receiving your application.